Strong professional need for mutual cooperation was the main reason why the South East European Association of Law and related Libraries (SEALL) was established at the Conference held in Belgrade 2008 (Faculty of Law Belgrade) and registred in Croatia 2009 (Faculty of Law Split). As an informal group SEALL was founded in Slovenia (Faculty of Law Maribor) 2003 to promote and enhance the value of law libraries to the legal and public communities and to provide open access to legal knowledge. Today represents law librarians and related professionals from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia on the regional bases. Annual Conference and Regional Law Libraries Round Table is organized every year by the Faculty of Law Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Neum). The major field of activity of the Association shall be cooperation in permanent professional education of law librarians, professional education exchange and development of interlibrary loan and materials exchange.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
As a non-profit organization, the SEALL:
- supports educational and professional opportunities for legal information professionals, especially those from region, by providing support for annual course attendance and regular cooperation;
- shares legal knowledge and increases access to legal information on the regional basis through: Database, Newsletter and other publications, and its website;
- fosters networking among legal information professionals by creating and maintaining ongoing relationships between SEALL and other international, national and regional law libraries and related organizations;
- supports and encourages the development of national and regional legal information policies and intellectual freedom.
- to act as a lobby group to promote the interests of law libraries, legal collections, information services, staff
- education and traininig of law librarians and users